2018 Y Cycle for Strong Kids
Powered by DILFO HVAC Services
Indoor Charity Cycle Event
Sunday April 8, 2018
RBC Community Room
Taggart Family YMCA-YWCA, 180 Argyle Ave
9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Join us for a lively, active, and exciting indoor cycling event to raise money for kids in our community!
This year's program is a "Tour of the Ys", with cycle instructors from the Ruddy Family Y, Taggart Family Y, Carlingwood Y, and Downtown Y each leading a portion of the ride in their unique style.
Take part in the ride as a personal challenge, or invite your family and friends to ride as a team – no matter how you decide to register, you will be making a positive and life-changing impact on children right here in our local area! All funds raised will support the Y’s Financial Assistance Program. Your participation will help ensure kids in our community can learn to swim, go to camp, and access other vital, life-changing programs and services, regardless of their financial situation.
If you can't join us for the ride but would like to sponsor an individual or team, or if you would like to donate to the event in general, please CLICK HERE.
- Regular registration is $25 per person
- We ask that each rider fundraise a minimum of $150 for the Y Strong Kids Campaign in order to participate. Upon registration, you'll receive your own fundraising webpage to share with your friends, family and colleagues. Tax receipts are provided for all donations over $10.
- NEW THIS YEAR! EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: save $5 if you register before February 28, 2018!
- NEW THIS YEAR! Raise over $250 and your registration fee will be automatically refunded to you!
- NEW THIS YEAR! Don't want to ride for the full 2 hours, or don't think you can fundraise $150 on your own? This year you have the option to SHARE A BIKE with friends, family, colleagues, etc. Your fundraising goal will be $150 per bike rather than per person, and it's up to you how to split the riding time for your shared bike. Each rider sharing the bike must complete their own registration online in order to participate on event day.
- You can choose to register as an individual rider, or gather your friends, family, colleagues, or classmates together and ride together as a team - the choice is yours. There is no limit to the size of your team! Plus this year, you can choose to SHARE A BIKE if you don't think you can ride for the full 2 hours but still want to participate.
- Upon registration, you'll be given your own unique fundraising page that you can tailor to your liking, with links to send out to help direct people to support you. In the weeks leading up to the event, share the link within your network to help reach your fundraising goal.
- Some people choose to sponsor themselves the full $150 - please keep in mind that while all donations are eligable for charitable receipts, the registration fee is not.
- Every rider will receive a Y Cycle event shirt - register early to ensure you are guaranteed your preferred size.
On event day...
- Even if you're not a member, you will have full access to all Y facilities for the entire day - including change rooms, showers, and our fitness and pool facilities. Come see what the Y has to offer!
- When you arrive, get changed if you need to, and then head up to the RBC Room on the second floor to check in at the registration table. Drop off any offline donations you may have, collect your event shirt, and select your bike.
- We'll snap a photo of you or your team photo that we'll be sure to share with you after the event.
- Some people like to wear costumes, others choose to sport their cycling attire, and regular workout wear is of course OK too! Come however you're most comfortable. This is a fun ride, but you will be working up a sweat.
- Feel free to help yourself to yummy snacks and refreshments for before and after - or even during your ride in case you need a break. And yes, there will be coffee!
- Upbeat music, a cool light show, and tons of enthusiasm and encouragement will keep you pumped up and pedaling from start to finish. If you are sharing a bike or just need to take a breather, we'll have fun games to keep your energy up while you're off your bike, until you're ready to ride again.
- The ride will be comprised of a warm up, then 4 distinct riding sessions each approximately 25 minutes in length, lead by 4 instructors from Y's across the city, with rest periods in between each session. After a short cool down, a great stretching session will close out the ride.
- Volunteers will help keep you hydrated throughout the program, passing out water and energy bars mid cycle, thanks to our Snack Sponsor.
- After the ride, we'll draw for great some prizes, say a few words, and then you'll be on your way to enjoy the rest of your day. Or you can hit up the snack table again, of course.
- 2 hour guided cycle class
- A cool event t-shirt to take home or wear at the ride
- Great snacks and refreshments
- The chance to win cool prizes
- A full heart knowing you're helping kids in your local community who need it most
Unfortunately, hundreds of local kids, teens and families are unable to afford the full cost of participation in the Y’s many important programs, run by caring, dedicated and trained volunteers and staff. At the Y, we believe that no one should be turned away from accessing programs and services because they can’t afford it. The Y's Financial Assistance Program ensures everyone in our community can access Y programs and services, regardless of their background or financial situation.
That's why each year, we roll out the Y Strong Kids Campaign - to ensure the Y's Financial Assistance Program is able to provide access to programming for all kids in our community who need it. Y Cycle for Strong Kids is the single biggest fundraising event for the Y Strong Kids Campaign. The event raises a large portion of the much needed resources, and gives kids the opportunities they need to reach their full potential: to live happier, healthier lives today, and grow into productive and responsible adults. Participating in the Y Cycle for Strong Kids is a commitment to improving the health and well-being of children and youth in our community. And it's tons of fun, too!
Please help us ensure that every kid has the chance to realize their full potential.
For more information call 613-237-1320 x5156.